- The full responsibility for student learning does not rest solely with the teacher.
- Homework facilitates the acquisition and consolidation of knowledge by giving opportunities to build
on work undertaken in class, as well as helping to acquaint parents with content being covered in class.
- KLS’ policy is to give daily homework in order to reinforce class work and to foster positive attitudes
such as initiative, responsibility, and ability to work independently amongst young learners.
- We are also aware that too much homework has a detrimental effect on children, and runs the risk of
overloading them to the point where they feel saturated and lose interest in learning.
- Therefore, we are very keen to strike the right balance, both in the amount and the type of homework
that our children are given.